Controls Engineer, DC
Company: Pacific Coast Producers
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Pacific Coast Producers
Location: 650 South Guild Avenue, Lodi, CA, 95240, United
Employee Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Engineering
Required Degree: FOUR_YEAR_DEGREE
Manage Others: Yes
Pacific Coast Producers, a leading private-label food processor
headquartered in Northern California, is seeking a Controls
Engineer at its Fruit Processing Facility in Lodi, CA.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for development,
implementation and maintenance of new and existing manufacturing
process equipment and control systems, to ensure product quality
and production efficiency. This exempt position will report
directly to the Plant Manager.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Mentor/supervise Electrical Department personnel and work
one-on-one with individuals-including controls techs, electricians
and instrument techs-to ensure use of proper methods of electrical
maintenance and training.
- Lead and assist Electrical and Instrumentation personnel in
complex troubleshooting and control strategy.
- Perform all duties in compliance with customer, 3rd party,
regulatory, and company food safety and quality initiatives and
- Be responsible for electrical installations, maintenance and
safety including compliance with local, state and federal
- Be responsible for investigating and incorporating energy
conservation and plant operating efficiency opportunities.
- Interact with production personnel to define and solve
manufacturing/design issues and implement cost reduction ideas.
Candidates will have five (5) or more years of
electrical/industrial controls engineering experience, possess
mechanical aptitude, and be skilled in three phase electrical
distribution and control, have competent knowledge of NFPA 70 and
70E, and thorough knowledge of instrumentation and controls in a
manufacturing process environment.
- Candidates should be proficient with PLC/HMI troubleshooting,
and have in-depth knowledge of program development utilizing
Rockwell Ladder logic, Function Block, and Structured Text, and
Factory Talk View programming and troubleshooting.
- This includes advanced control theory, including but not
limited to, PID loop control, Motion control, Control Net, Function
Block programming, Ethernet IP, Producer/Consumer tag structure,
User defined tags and Instruction development.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012. Networking and
Domain Structure Administration, and SQL Server Development and
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is preferred, but
equivalent education and work experience will be considered.
- Experience with project management software, industrial
instrumentation, and control systems.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in
English (speak, read, and write) with plant management, supervision
and department personnel.
- Experience with food processing systems, operations and
practices; or similar manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and strong
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Ability to communicate with vendors and contractors from a
broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to bring projects
from concept to completion.
Come join our Team!
Pacific Coast Producers offers a competitive salary and excellent
benefits package. Pacific Coast Producers offers equal employment
opportunity to all applicants including females, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. EOE/AA
Keywords: Pacific Coast Producers, Lodi , Controls Engineer, DC, Engineering , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!