Capacity Planning and Analytics Manager
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care
through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us,
every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking
solutions to solve the world's most complex health challenges. Our
associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics,
from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements
that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a
member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on
a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth
and development.Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of
six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, we're
working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with
diagnostic tools that address the world's biggest health
challenges.Position summary:Strategic supply chain planning manager
with multi-site responsibilities. Holistic problem solver and
leader focused system / process improvement for business needs and
in FDA facility.Accountable for managing efforts for strategic
production control, driving planning strategy to action, building
teams, improve scheduling, and tool efficiencies. Leader with
vision responsible for aligning strategy to executable plans.
Proven capable of operating at strategic and tactical levels while
navigating a highly complex series of production levels across wide
range of component operations. Critical experience should include
OEE improvements, anticipation of cross functional business
requirements, customer focus, P&L awareness, development of
strategy for production execution, and full accountable for
targeted business results.Essential job responsibilities:
- Develop rough-cut capacity plans to analyze and negotiate
resource requirements. Capable of conveying resources constraints
to executive management and determine paths to resolution.
- Demonstrated success improving OEE, capacity planning,
scheduling and production planning.
- Development of balanced factory optimization schedules to
ensure customer demands and factory utilization targets are
- Manage builds and inventory targets, including monthly report
out on metrics at C level OPs meeting
- Ensure End-to-End supply chain processes are supporting
customer and business needs
- Is responsible for master schedules for production and new
product, ensuring comprehensive compliance with materials
requirements for manufacturing. Incorporate in forecasts and master
- Experienced with capacity planning processes, tools, and
planning across multiple sites and tools
- Incorporate new products or product improvements into the
manufacturing forecasts and master production schedules
- Proactively and effectively facilitate at both operational
level meetings, such daily production sessions, as well as concise
narratives in executive/strategic level meetings
- Implement process improvements to decrease overall costs and
improve inventory management and supply chain efficiencies
- Translate analytics to implications, action, and strategy
through influence and presentation
- Works to resolve (in case of design changes) labor and material
shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions
- Minimize inventory write-offs of finished goods' inventory,
intermediates and raw materials
- Engages with engineering plans and production constrains to
establish production schedules, labor loading, and capacity
- Oversee the process for developing an executable master
production schedule in accordance with shelf life and inventory
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of related work experience
- Master's degree in field with 6+ years of related work
- Doctoral degree in field with 3+ years of related work
- MBA and Engineering combination
- Graduate degree/studies in science, business, engineering,
finance or organizational management strongly preferred.
- APICS certification is a plus.
- Strong presentations skills in data analytics, trends and
- Extensive SAP knowledge
- SQL, Python
- Microsoft Vision
- Lean manufacturingPhysical requirements/abilities:
- Ability to work in an office environment
- Travel for workKnowledge and skills:
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
Preferred SAP experience.
- Thorough understanding of master production scheduling,
capacity planning and forecasting principals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to facilitate groups or meetings.
- Experience with SOPs, GMP, ISO, JIT, MRP.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and
- Deployment of Value Stream Mapping.
- Ability to lead, mentor and coach a team.When you join us,
you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000
people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As
an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your
skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support
of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a
tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies
are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other
characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the
existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not,
found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we
serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique
and different perspectives as a result of these diverse
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time
to find out.
Keywords: Cepheid, Lodi , Capacity Planning and Analytics Manager, Executive , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!