Special Response Officer - Flex Officer
Posted on: November 14, 2020
Job Title : Full-Time/Part-Time Special Response Officer (Flex
Location: Central Valley - Stockton, Lodi, Manteca & Tracy CA
Environment: Commercial Warehouses, Distribution Centers,
Residential Communities, Data Centers, Interior/Exterior
Pay Rate: $17.50
Shift & Hours: Must have 24/7 availability; rotating full-time
schedules provided weekly.
Who is GardaWorld?
GardaWorld is the world's largest privately-owned security services
company. We protect our clients' staff and assets, wherever they
are in the world. We offer different schedules, diverse work
assignments spanning multiple industries and career advancement
opportunities. We encourage diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. GardaWorld is looking for Security Officers
to fulfill different assignments for our clients in the Tacoma WA
GardaWorld's Special Response Officer (SRO - FLEX Officer) is
responsible for interacting with team members, tenants and the
client, as well as ensuring the site is safe and secure. This
position is best suited for individuals who can provide customer
service to the highest of standards - capable of representing
GardaWorld as the premier provider of security services in the
industry. The Special Response Officer (Flex Officer) position
requires a mostly open schedule and picks up shifts around the
valley based on vacations, leave of absences, or call-offs.
Their primary function is to provide operational support to the
field. A GardaWorld SRO remains flexible to respond quickly to work
any location or any shift in a pre-determined geography. Upon
arrival to an assigned post, the SRO is tasked with the same duties
as the Security Officer normally filling that post. Additionally,
the SRO may be assigned to other operational or administrative
special duties or tasks as determined by the Branch Office or
designee. Persons filling this position are considered to be
supervisors in training.
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned
client site, providing for the security and safety of client
property and personnel.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to
inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and
directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and
- Controls access to client site or facility through the
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe
conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked
entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of
accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat,
flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials,
inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required. SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Will be assigned to train at multiple locations extending
across the entire Metropolitan Area
- Must be willing to drive up to 30 - 40 miles to any given job
- Guaranteed F/T weekly (rotating) schedules
- Overtime should be expected and will be mandatory at times
- Shifts of 8 - 12 hours
- Able to accept last-minute assignments due to call-offs or No
Call No Shows
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word /
- Must feel comfortable using different levels of technology;
willingness to learn proprietary applications as needed
- Must be able to comprehend and recall post expectations for
- Support staffing requirements at accounts during shortages due
to vacations, call-offs, no shows, suspensions, holidays, etc.
- Assist in start-ups at new accounts to include working the
site, writing post orders and training checklists and training
newly assigned permanent Security Officers.
- Work special security assignments as required.
- Expect to work on weekends and holidays with limited notice,
and work during "high need"
- Ability to create accurate activity and incident reports as
- Ability to observe, survey, report and respond to critical
situations while on any given property
- Ability to multi-task a must as some job sites are very busy
while others are slower paced
- Ability to meet all physical demands of each site which may
include long periods of sitting, standing and walking
- Minimum of 1 year relevant Security experience Preferred Flex
Officer Program Objectives:
- Staff new accounts until permanent Security Officers can be
- Provide security for short-term special events.
- Fill in for officers while on vacation/sick/no call-no show.
Qualifications specific to this position site include, but are not
- A valid Washington State Security License (Guard Card) is
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is
- A valid CPR certification is required but may be obtained prior
- At least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law
or contractual requirements. General Qualifications to work in
physical security at GardaWorld include:
- Possess at least a high school education or equivalent
- Pass an extensive screening process. Special Note: After a
minimum of 6 months within the SRO / Flex Program, personnel will
be permitted an opportunity to transition out of the SRO program
and into a permanent assignment, with a permanent schedule at a
single location (based on schedule / site availability).
Keywords: GardaWorld, Lodi , Special Response Officer - Flex Officer, Other , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!