Seasonal Forklift Operator
Company: Pacific Coast Producers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Pacific Coast Producers
Location: 32 East Tokay St, Lodi, CA, 95241, United
Base Pay: 20.89 - 24.53 / HOUR
Employee Type: Seasonal
Job Category: Operatives
Required Degree: NONE
Manage Others: No
Pacific Coast Producers, one of the nation's top
food production companies, is seeking to fill Seasonal Forklift
Driver positions with qualified, capable individuals. These
positions are based in a fast-pace, high volume production facility
in Lodi, CA.
Pacific Coast Producers or "PCP" is an agricultural cooperative,
and a food production company owned by California growers. We make
healthy and flavorful products for families around the world to
enjoy. Our Lodi facility maintains warehousing and production lines
for packaging apricots and peaches for customer delivery and
satisfaction. PCP requires motivated personnel to function
properly. Applicants should have relevant forklift driving
experience in a cannery or manufacturing environment.
These positions are part of a seniority based collective bargaining
unit and require overtime work and flexibility to work any of 3
shifts as assigned 6-7 days per week during the processing
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Available to work during the months of June through end of
- The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift
to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise.
- The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient
operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order
Filler and Checker duties.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of
- Report quality variances.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact
number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets
customer service standards.
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into
rail cars or trailers.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials
using a forklift, or other power equipment.
- Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put away,
and load functions, as required.
- Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat,
clean, and orderly fashion.
- Inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following
prescribed work methods.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight
inventory control and security are maintained.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Ensure proper stock rotation.
Safety, Sanitation, Security:
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures to include Good
Manufacturing Policies (GMP's).
- Other duties as assigned.
- The forklift driver will primarily reside in warehouse
environments with continual large truck, pedestrian and forklift
traffic. Related activity is conducted in a loud/noisy environment
with hearing protection required.
Come Work with Us!
Join our legacy of talented people working together to provide the
highest level of customer service. PCP employees can earn
competitive pay, along with terrific benefit plans such as a
defined-benefit pension plan provided to eligible employees.
Pacific Coast Producers offers equal employment opportunity to all
applicants including females, minorities, individuals with
disabilities, and protected veterans.
Keywords: Pacific Coast Producers, Lodi , Seasonal Forklift Operator, Other , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!