Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Senior Plastics Engineer.
Job Location: Lodi, Ca & Remote Office.
Date Written: 18 Feb 2021
Written By: Mitesh Sheth
Job Profile (Level-Job Family): (P4)
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through
faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. As a member of our team,
you'll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global
scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and
development. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, to
develop rapid groundbreaking solutions for the world's most complex
Job Description Summary:
This is a technical role within the Cepheid Technical Operations
team and specifically scoped for management of Suppliers and
Contract Manufacturing. The individual in this role will be
collaborating with Cepheid Lodi Operations team, Cepheid supplier
development group ant other internal cross functional groups to
achieve organizational goals and objectives such as improve
supplier output, improve OEE, and reduce scrap. The ideal candidate
for this role would be someone with experience in Injection molding
and familiar with injection molds and tooling. The individual will
collaborate with Cepheid Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to identify
and develop Best Known Methods (BKM's) in areas of Injection
molding and deploy them at Suppliers. Monitor supplier output and
aid in development and management of a Virtual Plastics
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage post launch ramp up of production from Injection molding
- Monitor daily, weekly, monthly Supplier output data/reports and
identify opportunities for improvement.
- In partnership with Supplier Development team, Manage
troubleshooting and problem solving with suppliers for issues,
problems, defects that prevent achievement of target outputs and
OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
- Team up with Cepheid SME's to develop and document Best Known
Methods (BKM's) in injection molding of plastic components.
- Document BKM's by creating work instructions, procedures,
pictures, 'How to Videos.
- Team up with Supplier Development team for deployment of BKM's
at supplier. Conduct meetings, organize training for deployment of
BKM's at Suppliers.
- Maintain training matrix to document which BKM's have been
deployed at which suppliers.
- Release BKM documents in Agile. Maintain BKM knowledge database
and through revision control ensure the documents are most
- Evaluate technical capabilities at supplier sites and drive
improvements, address gaps.
- Identify, quantify, prioritize, and drive supplier improvement
- Use data analytics to make recommendations and drive VAVE
projects (Quality, Cost, Efficiency).
- Responsible for maintaining long term validated state of the
mold and driving process and tooling improvements
- Establish, track, and trend key supplier performance metrics -
OEE, yields, tool uptimes.
- Review, initiate and represent supplier recommended design
changes to internal engineering teams.
- Improve Supplier Metrology and inspection capabilities at the
Supplier site as needed.
- Align supplier inspection methods and acceptance criteria to
- Train to Danaher Business System (DBS) and apply DBS tools for
Problem Solving and continuous improvement as applicable.
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and
- Bachelor's degree in Plastics Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, Polymers (or relevant field) with 8+ years of related
work experience OR Master's degree with 6+ years of related work
- Demonstrated experience in Injection molding & tooling
- Understanding of plastics materials, plastics processing and
plastics part design.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical ability with a high
degree of professional acuity
- Strong / Concise verbal and written Technical communication
- Ability to read 2D drawings with GD&T
- Demonstrated experience with high volume manufacturing
processes - injection molding.
- Demonstrated experience with Injection molding process and
- Familiar with DOE, Molding Process window development.
- Familiar with ISO and GMPMD requirements
- Experienced and comfortable with executive-level presentations
(.ppt / "elevator pitches").
- Basic Understanding of Metrology, Inspection systems, test
method validations (Gage R&R).
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
- Experience in data analysis using tools such as MS Excel,
Minitab, Power BI, Tableau
- Must be willing and able to travel to supplier locations as and
- Ability to work at Supplier sites and office environment,
onsite at Lodi, Ca, work remotely.
- Some travel domestically and internationally is required
- Master's Degree
- Training in Scientific Injection Molding.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to operate independent of
day to day with minimal supervision
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt to changing priorities,
critical thinking skills, and problem solving under
The statements in this description represent typical elements,
criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for
As part of the Danaher family of companies, our work at Cepheid
is supported by a global science and technology innovator. In
addition to Danaher's unrivaled leadership training and
professional development programs, this relationship also provides
expanded career opportunities across industries and brands.
Together, we are united by a shared purpose: Helping Realize Life's
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal
opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is
the Law" poster is available here.
Keywords: Danaher, Lodi , Plastics Engineer, Other , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!