Company: Kubota Tractor Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
For Earth For Life
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Equipment Operators are responsible for assisting Wholegoods
shipping, receiving and put-away activities in Kubota warehouses
and distribution centers through use of forklifts, reach trucks and
order pickers. The Equipment Operator is responsible for operation
of such equipment 80% of their working time.
This position does the following in accordance with all
applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the
Company's policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Obtains copy of shipping orders/put away orders and transports
material or equipment to and from designated areas within the
- Moves goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage
- Loads and unloads various carriers of Kubota parts and
equipment, which may require operating tractors, excavators, RTV's,
- Stacks goods in correct storage bays, following inventory
- Checks to ensure that trucks are properly loaded and materials
and equipment are secure.
- Stacks empty pallets.
- Performs daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck's
battery and lubricating equipment.
- Removes machine attachments and waste material from
- Examines products to verify conformance to quality
- May assist with warehouse maintenance activities including
waste materials into appropriate bins for disposal.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
High school diploma or GED
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Certified to operate a forklift, reach truck, order picker as
required according to OSHA standards.
- Good language and reading skills; basic computer skills
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others
and promote a safe work environment.
- Follow instructions for operating assigned equipment and
keeping required records.
- Ability to execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- May be required to use RF scanner.
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of
- Forklift, reach truck, order picker. (80%)
- Office equipment including computer, copier, fax, phone,
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck.
- Frequently lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk,
turn, pivot and stand for long periods of time.
- A good sense of balance with the ability to work at heights up
to 30 feet.
- Good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures depending upon the
season both indoors and out.
- Ability to wear various PPE including fall protection harnesses
and seat belt restraints.
Flatbed trailers require extensive knowledge of crate size,
weight distribution and height requirements. Must have the ability
to climb on load which could be as high as 13 feet 6 inches.
The information provided in the description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
incumbents within the classification. This description is not
intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of
employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended
to include the current essential functions of the job. Management
reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities
and to designate other functions as essential at any time.
Kubota is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
Keywords: Kubota Tractor Corporation, Lodi , Equipment Operator, Other , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!