Mold Maker II
Posted on: January 4, 2022
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train and coach assigned associates as needed to ensure a safe
- Tool Maker is responsible for monitoring tool usage; wear and
tear and working with the toolroom to ensure that adequate back-up
tools are on hand and are properly prepared in advance ready for
- Inspect molding components and select the correct shop tool or
equipment to repair and correct a nonconformance.
- Identify problems within the mold using problem solving
- Attend Daily Management Meetings to chart the course.
- Review and revise processes, procedures, work instructions
associated documentation to perform work to the Best Known Methods
that are to be developed into Standard Work (SOPs).
- Plan and perform jobs meeting expectation of standard repair
cycle times to meet build plan demands.
- Complete work orders with attention to detail to retain the
molds maintenance / repair history records.
- Clear communication skills to achieve positive results.
- Assess completed / qualified tools for improvements in
collaboration with associates and cross functional teams.
- Maintain a clean and organized area, using 5S practices as the
- All Tooling Equipment and Machinery is to be Maintained and
Sustained, PMs to be performed regularly. Daily checklist.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be open to working overtime and weekends when needed.
- Disassemble, inspect, evaluate, repair, assemble and test
complex, Class 101 hot-runner injection molds w/ Valve gate
- Work closely with Engineering, Processing and Operations Teams
to solve complex problems, recommend improvements and implement
- Other duties as assignedMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Education and Experience (in years):
- Journeyman Mod Maker credentials or equivalent experience
- Completion of a State Approved / Formal Apprenticeship
- High School degree (or equivalent experience) with 6+ years of
related work experience OR
- AA or Technical Trade Degree with 5+ years of related work
experience.Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of plastic injection molds and mold making
- Efficient at programming and running all shop machinery (CNC
machining centers, High- Speed-Milling, EDM sinker, WEDM a plus,
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills, for inter-office email and job
- CNC programming skills [MasterCam is preferred)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills on Molds
- Ability to lead Projects to completion with timely updates on
- Work cooperatively with fellow associates in a team
- Thorough knowledge of inspection equipment and techniques
- Use geometry, trigonometry, shop mathematics and calculator
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Understands GMP Good Manufacturing Practices
- Use of SolidWorks to view, modify and create mold design
models, assemblies and drawings
- Inspect, evaluate and perform complex mold repair work
- including welding, machining, grinding and polishing
- Ability to train apprentice tool makers and machinists to
operate tooling manufacturing machinesPhysical
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for several hours
- Must be able to work in a shop floor environmentPREFERRED
- Strong Background in plastic Injection Mold Tooling.
- Basic Plastic Injection Molding processing experienceThe
statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria
and general work performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for
this job.When you join us, you ll also be joining Danaher s global
organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, you ll try new things,
work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated
leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability
of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher
Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the
existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not,
found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we
serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique
and different perspectives as a result of these diverse
attributes.The EEO posters are available .We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request
accommodation.If you ve ever wondered what s within you, there s no
better time to find out. Associated topics: die, fixture, mold,
melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool
Keywords: Cepheid, Lodi , Mold Maker II, Other , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!