Manufacturing Associate I
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Manufacturing Associate I supports manufacture of injection
molded consumables for the use of Cepheid/Danaher finished goods
for Life Science Diagnostics, under the direct supervision of
Supervisors, Trainers, Quality Techs, Sr. Associates, and
Engineering.This position assists in the initiation, maintenance,
operation, packaging, inspection, environmental maintenance, and
environmental control throughout the injection molding process.
Additionally, this position supports cross-functional collaboration
for related departments including Tooling, Processing Technicians,
Manufacturing Engineering, Qualification, and Quality. Associates
are the foundation to the Quality and Safety culture within the
site and will be responsible to report as applicable, document when
appropriate, and adhere to applicable regulations and policies.This
position utilizes a variety of manual, automatic, and
semi-automatic machines through the production process including
robotic assembly equipment, packaging equipment, and inspection
equipment. Manufacturing Associates are responsible for assuring
records within the Device History Records including maintaining
documents, document completion, and record accuracy. Associates
must be able to follow standard work and work instructions to
perform production related tasks.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the production of injection molded consumables
within the Lodi facility controlled environments.
- Associates are responsible for adhering to applicable health
and safety procedures and will be required to wear appropriate
Personal Protective Equipment.
- Responsible for the overall production process including the
following actions: Operating manufacturing machinery, feeding
materials for processing, adjusting settings, performing minor
repairs, machine start up, machine shutdown, machine verification,
packaging, and pulling finished product from the line.
- Associates will work with production management in support of
daily production line operations.
- Understand and perform all tasks contained in Electronic Batch
Record/Device History Records, and Line clearance.
- Perform initial line setups relating to printing, packaging
specifications, and labeling identification.
- Performs label reconciliations as needed.
- Performs all steps of verification in a consistent error free
- Inspects on the line: printing, equipment verification for lot
#, item #, identifiers, and dates.
- Responsible for following applicable procedures, regulations,
and policies as documented.
- Maintains cleanroom standards, practices, and housekeeping
according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Associates are responsible for the work environment and will be
responsible to maintain equipment and clean within their work
- Restocks and maintains work station supplies as needed.
- Assists Sr. Associates, Engineering, and Process/Mold
technicians with special projects and troubleshooting
- Performs basic inspection of components to verify quality
- Recognizes minor issues and defects and completes necessary
documentation and escalates accordingly.
- Responsible for performing rework.MINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS:Education or Experience (in years):
- High school diploma (or equivalent experience) with 0-1 year of
work experience.Knowledge and skills:
- Ability to follow written instruction.
- Ability to comprehend verbal and written English to interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating instruction, and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are
- Ability to consistently produce error-free documentation.
- Intermediate documentation and report writing skills.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas
of safety, quality, production, maintenance, and engineering.
- Understands the importance of completing their assigned tasks
and the relationship to the other tasks.Technical Knowledge and
- Mechanical, Safety, Compliance, and Quality aptitude.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure including whole numbers, common fractions, metric
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent with guidance from
- Aptitude for computer skills needed for data entry, reporting,
and basic troubleshooting and research.
- Recognize measurements that are outside a specified range.
- Read measuring devices such as a standard tape measurement and
a micrometer down to the 0.001 .Physical requirements/abilities
- Ability to work in a clean room environment.
- Ability to visually determine quality characteristics.
- Skilled hand-eye coordination is imperative for handling
- Close visual insight to perform activities required to inspect
visually minute defects with specifications or tolerances nearing
- Ability to stand at workstation for extended periods of time (8
hours or more) operating equipment and packaging products while
closely monitoring and visually inspecting products and
- Ability to lift or carry 25 lbs. totes.
- Moves freely around machine to assure all working mechanisms
are operating properly.
- Capable of reaching parts in machine to make adjustments, minor
repairs, set-ups, change overs, inspections, feeding, and securing
parts.Posture and Movement equal to but not less than requirement
of the following:Positions1-2 hours2-4 hours4-6 hours6-8 hoursStand
Walk Sit Bend Reach Grasp Push/Pull Squat PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- 0 - 1 years experience working as a Machine Operator
- Quality ExperienceWhen you join us, you ll also be joining
Danaher s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every
day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you ll
try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance
from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and
the stability of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all
Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the
existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not,
found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we
serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique
and different perspectives as a result of these diverse
attributes.The EEO posters are available .We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request
accommodation.If you ve ever wondered what s within you, there s no
better time to find out. Associated topics: automotive, design,
fluid, machine, mechanic, mechanism, motor, naval, powertrain,
Keywords: Cepheid, Lodi , Manufacturing Associate I, Other , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!