Posted on: January 9, 2022
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care
through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us,
every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking
solutions to solve the world s most complex health challenges. Our
associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics,
from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements
that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a
member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on
a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth
and development.Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of
six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we re working
at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world s
biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test
there is a patient waiting.Learn about the which makes everything
possible.This position is part of Cepheid Diagnostics and will be
located in Lodi, CA.In this role, you will have the opportunity
- Set up and operate automatic or semiautomatic machines and
related equipment in a continuous production/processing
- Monitor meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures,
pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence
to production/process specifications.
- Follow engineering drawings, work order information,
Manufacturing Assembly Procedures, SOPs, and other written and
verbal specifications in the manufacturing process.
- Install, modify, move, troubleshoot, repair and dismantle
machinery and equipment according to requisition established
documentation (e.g., SOPs), layout plans, blueprints or other
- Perform the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of
circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
- Assemble mechanical units, fabricated parts/components and/or
electrical/electronic systems to make sub-assemblies, assemblies or
complete units using hand tools, power tools, jigs, fixtures and
miscellaneous equipment. Includes Machine Operator, Process
Operations, Product Assembly, and Production Technician roles.
- Identify material requirements and movements to support
- Respond to any urgent or immediate needs to fulfill last minute
- Identify process improvement opportunities and collaborate with
Supervisor to implement countermeasures.
- Be responsible for the movement of empty and full totes and
- Understand and follow all safety guidelines.
- Ensure all presses do not run empty of material.
- Understand procedure for changing out material and replenishing
prior to press running dry.
- Be responsible for stocking all materials needed for
manufacturing associates to perform their job i.e. empty totes,
bags, empty pallet, etc.
- Provides and delivers materials to the line upon request.
- Responsible of moving semi-finished product to Logistic
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking materials used in
- Perform other duties as required including discarding of scrap,
general housekeeping, runner clean-up, etc.
- Anticipate, communicate and resolve internal and external
issues that could affect the material availability.
- Continuously achieve good customer service while following
guidelines to support best business practices.
- Train new associates on proper material movement as
necessary.The essential requirements of the job include:
- 0-2 year of related experience.
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to stand for several
hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good
Documentation Practice (GDP).
- Experience in clean room assembly or Manufacturing in the
medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Must be a team player and able to demonstrate willingness and
ability to provide assistance to co-workers.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with peers,
supervisors, managers and leads.
- Ability to understand instructions written and spoken in
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Ability to solve basic math problems
- Working knowledge of SAP.Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a
broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add
value to our lives. Whether it s a health care program or paid time
off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.Check out our
benefits at .When you join us, you ll also be joining Danaher s
global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day
determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you ll try
new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from
dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the
stability of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all
Danaher Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be
fully vaccinated against COVID 19 as a condition of employment,
subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.Danaher
Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal
opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion,
sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by
law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and
differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce,
workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates,
customers and shareholders contribute unique and different
perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO
posters are available .We will ensure that individuals with
disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate
in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us at to request accommodation.If you ve
ever wondered what s within you, there s no better time to find
out. Associated topics: machine, mechanic, mechanism, motor, msme,
naval, proe, rotordynamic, turbine, turbomachinery
Keywords: Cepheid, Lodi , Manufacturing Associate, Other , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!