Manufacturing Associate I
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Manufacturing Associate I supports manufacture of injection
molded consumables for the use of Cepheid/Danaher finished goods
for Life Science Diagnostics, under the direct supervision of
Supervisors, Trainers, Quality Techs, Sr. Associates, and
This position assists in the initiation, maintenance, operation,
packaging, inspection, environmental maintenance, and environmental
control throughout the injection molding process. Additionally,
this position supports cross-functional collaboration for related
departments including Tooling, Processing Technicians,
Manufacturing Engineering, Qualification, and Quality. Associates
are the foundation to the Quality and Safety culture within the
site and will be responsible to report as applicable, document when
appropriate, and adhere to applicable regulations and policies.
This position utilizes a variety of manual, automatic, and
semi-automatic machines through the production process including
robotic assembly equipment, packaging equipment, and inspection
equipment. Manufacturing Associates are responsible for assuring
records within the Device History Records including maintaining
documents, document completion, and record accuracy. Associates
must be able to follow standard work and work instructions to
perform production related tasks.
* Responsible for the production of injection molded consumables
within the Lodi facility controlled environments.
* Associates are responsible for adhering to applicable health and
safety procedures and will be required to wear appropriate Personal
* Responsible for the overall production process including the
following actions: Operating manufacturing machinery, feeding
materials for processing, adjusting settings, performing minor
repairs, machine start up, machine shutdown, machine verification,
packaging, and pulling finished product from the line.
* Associates will work with production management in support of
daily production line operations.
* Understand and perform all tasks contained in Electronic Batch
Record/Device History Records, and Line clearance.
* Perform initial line setups relating to printing, packaging
specifications, and labeling identification.
* Performs label reconciliations as needed.
* Performs all steps of verification in a consistent error free
* Inspects on the line: printing, equipment verification for lot #,
item #, identifiers, and dates.
* Responsible for following applicable procedures, regulations, and
policies as documented.
* Maintains cleanroom standards, practices, and housekeeping
according to Standard Operating Procedures.
* Associates are responsible for the work environment and will be
responsible to maintain equipment and clean within their work
* Restocks and maintains work station supplies as needed.
* Assists Sr. Associates, Engineering, and Process/Mold technicians
with special projects and troubleshooting problems.
* Performs basic inspection of components to verify quality
* Recognizes minor issues and defects and completes necessary
documentation and escalates accordingly.
* Responsible for performing rework.
Education or Experience (in years):
* High school diploma (or equivalent experience) with 0-1 year of
Knowledge and skills:
* Ability to follow written instruction.
* Ability to comprehend verbal and written English to interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating instruction, and
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
* Ability to consistently produce error-free documentation.
* Intermediate documentation and report writing skills.
* Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous
* Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of
safety, quality, production, maintenance, and engineering.
* Understands the importance of completing their assigned tasks and
the relationship to the other tasks.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
* Mechanical, Safety, Compliance, and Quality aptitude.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure including whole numbers, common fractions, metric
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent with guidance from
* Aptitude for computer skills needed for data entry, reporting,
and basic troubleshooting and research.
* Recognize measurements that are outside a specified range.
* Read measuring devices such as a standard tape measurement and a
micrometer down to the 0.001".
Physical requirements/abilities required:
* Ability to work in a clean room environment.
* Ability to visually determine quality characteristics.
* Skilled hand-eye coordination is imperative for handling critical
* Close visual insight to perform activities required to inspect
visually minute defects with specifications or tolerances nearing
* Ability to stand at workstation for extended periods of time (8
hours or more) operating equipment and packaging products while
closely monitoring and visually inspecting products and
* Ability to lift or carry 25 lbs. totes.
* Moves freely around machine to assure all working mechanisms are
* Capable of reaching parts in machine to make adjustments, minor
repairs, set-ups, change overs, inspections, feeding, and securing
Posture and Movement equal to but not less than requirement of the
* 0 - 1 years' experience working as a Machine Operator
* Quality Experience
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global
organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things,
work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated
leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to
equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics
protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of
similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our
workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our
associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and
different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at
email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time
to find out.
Keywords: Danaher, Lodi , Manufacturing Associate I, Other , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!