Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care
through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. As a member of our
team, youll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global
scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and
development. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as
we develop rapid groundbreaking solutions to solve the worlds most
complex health challenges. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Mold Maker is responsible for monitoring tool usage; wear
and tear and working with the toolroom to ensure that adequate
back-up tools are on hand and are properly prepared in advance
ready for production.
- Inspect molding components and select the correct shop tool or
equipment to repair and correct a nonconformance.
- Identify problems within the mold using problem solving
- Attend Daily Management Meetings to chart the course.
- Review and revise processes, procedures, work instructions
associated documentation to perform work to the Best Known Methods
that are to be developed into Standard Work (SOPs).
- Plan and perform jobs meeting expectation of standard repair
cycle times to meet build plan demands.
- Complete work orders with attention to detail to retain the
molds maintenance / repair history records.
- Clear communication skills to achieve positive results.
- Assess completed / qualified tools for improvements in
collaboration with associates and cross functional teams.
- Maintain a clean and organized area, using 5S practices as the
- All Tooling Equipment and Machinery is to be Maintained and
Sustained, PMs to be performed regularly. Daily checklist.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be open to working overtime and weekends when needed.
- Disassemble, inspect, evaluate, repair, assemble and test
complex, Class 101 hot-runner injection molds w/ Valve gate
- Work closely with Engineering, Processing and Operations Teams
to solve complex problems, recommend improvements and implement
- Education and Experience (in years): High School degree (or
equivalent experience) with 6+ years of related work experience
- AA or Technical Trade Degree with 5+ years of related work
experienceKnowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of plastic injection molds and mold making
- Efficient at programming and running all shop machinery (CNC
machining centers, High- Speed-Milling, EDM sinker, WEDM a plus,
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills, for inter-office email and job
- CNC programming skills [MasterCam is preferred)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills on Molds
- Ability to lead Projects to completion with timely updates on
- Work cooperatively with fellow associates in a team
- Thorough knowledge of inspection equipment and techniques
- Use geometry, trigonometry, shop mathematics and calculator
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Understands GMP Good Manufacturing Practices
- Use of SolidWorks to view, modify and create mold design
models, assemblies and drawings
- Inspect, evaluate and perform complex mold repair work
- including welding, machining, grinding and polishing
- Ability to train apprentice tool makers and machinists to
operate tooling manufacturing machinesPhysical
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for several hours
- Must be able to work in a shop floor environmentPREFERRED
- Strong Background in plastic Injection Mold Tooling.
- Basic Plastic Injection Molding processing experienceAbout
DanaherAs part of the Danaher family of companies, our work at
Cepheid is supported by a global science and technology innovator.
In addition to Danahers unrivaled leadership training and
professional development programs, this relationship also provides
expanded career opportunities across industries and brands.
Together, we are united by a shared purpose: Helping Realize Lifes
Potential.When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global
organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work
hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders,
all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and
the stability of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all
Danaher Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be
fully vaccinated against COVID19 as a condition of employment,
subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.Danaher
Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal
opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion,
sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by
law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and
differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce,
workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates,
customers and shareholders contribute unique and different
perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO
posters are available here.We will ensure that individuals with
disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate
in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to
request accommodation.If youve ever wondered whats within you,
theres no better time to find out.
Keywords: Cepheid, Lodi , Mold Maker, Other , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!