Manufacturing Associate (Nights)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care
through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us,
every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking
solutions to solve the worlds most complex health challenges. Our
associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics,
from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements
that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a
member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on
a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth
and development.Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of
six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, were working at
the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the worlds
biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test
there is a patient waiting.Learn about the Danaher Business System
which makes everything possible.This position is part of Cepheid
Diagnostics and will be located in Lodi, CA.In this role, you will
have the opportunity to:
- Set up and operate automatic or semiautomatic machines and
related equipment in a continuous production/processing
- Monitor meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures,
pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence
to production/process specifications.
- Follow engineering drawings, work order information,
Manufacturing Assembly Procedures, SOPs, and other written and
verbal specifications in the manufacturing process.
- Install, modify, move, troubleshoot, repair and dismantle
machinery and equipment according to requisition established
documentation (e.g., SOPs), layout plans, blueprints or other
- Perform the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of
circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
- Assemble mechanical units, fabricated parts/components and/or
electrical/electronic systems to make sub-assemblies, assemblies or
complete units using hand tools, power tools, jigs, fixtures and
miscellaneous equipment. Includes Machine Operator, Process
Operations, Product Assembly, and Production Technician roles.
- Identify material requirements and movements to support
- Respond to any urgent or immediate needs to fulfill last minute
- Identify process improvement opportunities and collaborate with
Supervisor to implement countermeasures.
- Be responsible for the movement of empty and full totes and
- Understand and follow all safety guidelines.
- Ensure all presses do not run empty of material.
- Understand procedure for changing out material and replenishing
prior to press running dry.
- Be responsible for stocking all materials needed for
manufacturing associates to perform their job i.e. empty totes,
bags, empty pallet, etc.
- Provides and delivers materials to the line upon request.
- Responsible of moving semi-finished product to Logistic
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking materials used in
- Perform other duties as required including discarding of scrap,
general housekeeping, runner clean-up, etc.
- Anticipate, communicate and resolve internal and external
issues that could affect the material availability.
- Continuously achieve good customer service while following
guidelines to support best business practices.
- Train new associates on proper material movement as
necessary.The essential requirements of the job include:
- 0-2 year of related experience.
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to stand for several
hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good
Documentation Practice (GDP).
- Experience in clean room assembly or Manufacturing in the
medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Must be a team player and able to demonstrate willingness and
ability to provide assistance to co-workers.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with peers,
supervisors, managers and leads.
- Ability to understand instructions written and spoken in
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Ability to solve basic math problems
- Working knowledge of SAP.Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a
broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add
value to our lives. Whether its a health care program or paid time
off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.Check out our
benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com.When you join us, youll also be
joining Danahers global organization, where 69,000 people wake up
every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate,
youll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with
guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful
Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested
organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies require
all US and Puerto Rico employees to be fully vaccinated against
COVID19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable
accommodation as required by law.Danaher Corporation and all
Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the
existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not,
found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we
serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique
and different perspectives as a result of these diverse
attributes.The EEO posters are available here.We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us at
email@example.com to request accommodation.If youve ever
wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.
Keywords: Cepheid, Lodi , Manufacturing Associate (Nights), Other , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!