Supply Chain/Materials Manager
Company: TreeHouse Foods
Posted on: March 16, 2020
Employee Type:Full timeLocation:CA LodiJob Type:Supply Chain
ManagementJob Posting Title:Supply Chain/Materials ManagerJob
- Has fiscal responsibility for the Supply Chain budget and
manages it within the set expectations.
- Works closely with Sales and R&D in determining production
- Responsible for the receipt, storage and shipping of all raw
materials, ingredients and finished goods.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory counts of the
- Coordinates activities with Purchasing and Production to meet
order fulfillment requests.
- Assures adequate and cost effective transportation is procured
for outbound shipments.
- Participate in demand planning, forecasting, and coordinating
of the demand for all customers.
- Develop a predictive production plan that allows for
- Oversee the production planning/scheduling and the distribution
- Identify constraints in the supply chain and implement plans to
- Assures proper receipt and inventory control over all incoming
materials and ingredients.
- Responsible for the movement of ingredient and material goods
to the production areas per formula and quantities required meeting
- Responsible for the receipt and storage of finished goods into
inventory. Maintains inventory records as applicable.
- Oversees the fulfillment of customer shipments including
arrangement of transportation, order selection, loading and
- Oversees Inventory Control of packaging/ingredients materials
- Informs management and Customer Service of any issues related
to order fulfillment status.
- Develops and manages a warehouse management system (the
processes) that result in timely and accurate inventory
- Responsible for organization of warehousing space to
effectively and efficiently maximize storage capacities and
minimize material movements.
- Responsible for the selection and training of personnel.
- Champions the Continuous Improvement efforts in Supply
- Plant owner for Capacity analysis/planning
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and all other food
- Address any food safety problems or potentially unsafe
- In the event of their absence, the responsibility is delegated
to the warehouse supervisor.
- Frequent walking, standing and sitting
- Conditions span from dry/ambient conditions to cold and/or
- Should expect some portion of the workday to be spent in cold
storage area (-10F)
- Supervises a department of 15 employees in the areas of
shipping, receiving and logistics.
- Daily interaction with Production Planners, Operations Manager,
- Bachelors or Associates degree (or equivalent work experience)
in a related field.
- APICS Certification
- 10 -15 yrs of progressive supply chain experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- SAP Experience is an asset, but not required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is an asset, but not required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet usage.
- Experience/proficiency in a Warehouse Management System (WMS)
including pallet locator and inventory placement/picking control,
bills of lading, etc.
- Working knowledge of RF data transfer for mobile workstations
as applied to WMS.
- Understanding of transportation options and ability to
negotiate favorable rates.
- Proactive, self-starter able to work with minimal
- Ability to generate management-level reports and
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and
offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with
your job search or application for employment, please contact us by
sending an email to email@example.com.
In your email please include a description of the specific
accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position
for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: TreeHouse Foods, Lodi , Supply Chain/Materials Manager, Professions , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!