Mfg. Technician 1
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care
through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us,
every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking
solutions to solve the world s most complex health challenges. Our
associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics,
from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements
that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a
member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on
a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth
and development.Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of
six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we re working
at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world s
biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test
there is a patient waiting.Learn about the which makes everything
possible.This position is part of Cepheid Diagnostics and will be
located in Lodi, CA.Position Summary: Responsible for safely
setting up Molds on operating injection molding machines, adjusts
auxiliary equipment that manufactures injection molded plastic
products for the support of production requirements, and follow up
with schedule PM Cycle to meet SMED target times.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Lifts and installs specified molds into molding machines. Bolts
molds in position, adjusts mold height and sets ejector stroke for
a wide range of Molding Presses. (set up)
- Ability to set / select the molding conditions, processes or
programming for Molds at the right press
- Proficient with all auxiliary equipment, Chillers, Mold
Heaters, Conveyors and Yushin Robots.
- Removes molds from molding machines when run is completed for
- Connects hoses and sets valves to regulate flow of water
circulating through the mold to control temperature of molds.
Inspects hoses for wear, replaces as needed.
- Adjusts controls on molding machine to control temperature,
pressure and cycle time.
- Loads feeding hoppers and dryers with plastic resin, when a
material change is required.
- Visually inspects parts produced from the molding operation,
completes log in MII reports.
- Completes required documentation / check lists as required by
- Sets up equipment, as necessary, for the performing of
- Maintaining cleanliness and safety of the work area including
the use of Safety Barriers.
- Assists in the transportation and installation and setup of
molds in molding machines.TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and
on time Minimum Requirements Education or experience (in Years)
- High School degree or equivalent. (or equivalent experience)
With 2-4 years of related work experience. OR
- AA or technical Trade degree with 1-2 years of work
- Knowledge and skills:
- Vocational classes or previous hands on experience gained while
working in other Injection Molding Facilities or similar
- Crane Training Operations.
- Lift molds and install in molding machines, using cranes and
- Some experience in operating manufacturing and packaging
- The ability to understand SOPs and demonstrate understanding
through verbal and/or written format is required.
- Basic Industrial equipment set-up procedure.
- Physical requirements/abilities:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Proper use of basic hand tools
- When you join us, you ll also be joining Danaher s global
organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, you ll try new things,
work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated
leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability
of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher
Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the
existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not,
found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we
serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique
and different perspectives as a result of these diverse
attributes.The EEO posters are available .We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request
accommodation.If you ve ever wondered what s within you, there s no
better time to find out. Associated topics: assembly, automotive,
brakes, cae, catia, bsme, machine, mechanical, rotordynamic,
Keywords: Cepheid, Lodi , Mfg. Technician 1, Professions , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!