Technician or Technician Assistant
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranWhat is the value of a WM job?The
value of a WM job is -more than a paycheck. -It's a way to create
opportunities for you and your family.We Are Stable: -Our WM team
is home every day, and our team members -perform essential and
meaningful work.We Are Committed to Growth: -Waste Management
offers established career progression and state of the art
onboarding and training.We Are Investing in You: -Great Benefits
including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Pension, Paid
Time Off, Employee Discounts & more!Who are we? #WeAreWMWaste
Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of
comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We
are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence,
professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million
customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal
markets throughout North America through a network of collection
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
waste-based energy production projects.Job SummaryUnder general
supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects,
diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment. - Works on equipment
that requires a high level of skill using modern maintenance
practices and technology. - Provides superior maintenance on, both,
diesel equipment and CNG trucks. -Essential Duties and
ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other
minor duties may be assigned. -
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written
instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and
requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.QualificationsThe requirements listed
below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform
the job.A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience.B.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant
must be 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
physical.C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities, Required or
- Desired: Minimum of 2 years of experience as a technician or
mechanic, preferably, on heavy trucks and/or heavy equipment
- Desired: Minimum of 2 years of experience with repair of
electrical and hydraulicsWork EnvironmentListed below are key
points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
75 -pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
- Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance
shop.BenefitsAt Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, as well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.If this sounds like the
opportunity that you have been looking for, please click
Keywords: Waste Management, Lodi , Technician or Technician Assistant, Professions , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!