Bilingual Field Human Resource Manager - Transportation
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Bilingual Field Human Resource Manager - Transportation(Job Number:
Bilingual Field Human Resource Manager is a key member of the
Operations and HR team, and supports talent management and
performance activities, as well as associate and labor relations,
compensation equity, and compliance. Working closely with the Area
HR Manager, the position will require a proactive approach to
ensuring that we are compliant in our HR practices and coaching our
managers in executing policies and procedures accurately and
fairly. The position requires someone with strong
communications/influencing skills who is self-driven, embraces
change, and has a comfort level working in a matrixed reporting
- Supporting 10 locations (States include: OR, CA, CO, TX, TN,
- Available to travel 30- 40%
- Work Location: Hybrid (On-site, Remote, and Home)
- Staffing: Supports recruiting team in resolving issues around
requisition accuracy, approval chains, and manager responsiveness.
Takes an active role in supporting recruiting activity and partners
with recruiting team to advise them on opportunities to access
local diverse recruiting sources. Provides compensation
recommendations to recruiter. Actively participates in interview
process, especially for supervisor and above roles, and reviews all
candidates applications prior to hire.
- Associate Development: Maintains oversight of associate
performance and ensures that development plans for those associates
are in place. Oversees process for annual talent review and
succession plan process and leverages L&D tools
- Performance Management: Actively engages management team in
performance management process utilizing training tools, coaching,
and corrective counseling procedure.
- Training and Development: Communicates and reinforces with
management training and development as needed, including
performance management, selection skills, safety, workplace
violence, harassment in the workplace, equal opportunity, wage and
hour laws, diversity & inclusion, leadership, and other focus
- Associate & Labor Relations: Partners with HR Manager and Labor
Representative (as needed) in conducting regular location
assessments and coach management on the proper interpretation and
execution of policies, programs, and procedures. Investigates
associate complaints and works with managers/legal/security as
appropriate to respond and resolve.
- Wage and Hour: Regularly analyzes associate data, and scans for
correct information, compensation parity (Equal Pay Act), FLSA
compliance, consistent practices according to Penske policy, etc.
Facilitates resolution of payroll issues in a timely manner, taking
steps to avoid similar issues in the future.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Support the D&I efforts and
encourages managers to foster an inclusive work environment.
Ensures managers understanding of equal opportunity in the
- Due Diligence: Partner with Area HR Manager in start-up
activities for new business and assists in the transition through
orientation and onboarding activities.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- 4 years Human Resources experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of HR functions and employment law
specifically for CA
- Ability to work well independently and complete tasks with
minimal supervision; strong sense of urgency
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive
- Adaptable quick learner with the ability to pick up company's
systems and processes quickly
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Lodi , Bilingual Field Human Resource Manager - Transportation, Professions , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!