Company: AIT Worldwide Logistics, INC.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Wake up each day to be part of amovement.A movement to make an
impact. A movement to go for it. A movement to provide solutions. A
movement to be empowered. A movement to do the right thing.Our
people deliver.Empowerment, active listening,andcreative
thinkingare a few attributes AIT teammates exercise to deliver a
world-class customer experience.Forbes names AIT Worldwide
Logistics one of America's Best Employers in 2022! Come join us at
AIT and see why our employees rank us among the best places to
work.Position Overview:The Operations Supervisor is responsible for
overseeing daily operations of international transportation and
brokerage operation. Supervise and coordinate activities in the
export and customs house brokerage or gateway environment in
accordance with federal, and foreign regulations governing the
shipment, receipt, and documentation of imported/exported products.
Provide proactive customer service to internal and external
customers. What You Will Be Doing Day-to-Day:
- Develop and maintain excellent service to internal and external
customers at all times.
- Maintain performance statistics.
- Assist in staff retention and training efforts.
- Review and monitor shipment documentation for accuracy.
- Provide responsible supervision and control for all department
- Compute duties, tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume
of merchandise exported/imported to and from foreign
- Examine various documents including invoices, bills of lading,
and shipping statements to ensure compliance with federal and
foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and
documentation of imported/exported products
- Communicate with customs officials as appropriate to obtain
release of incoming freight and resolve delays.
- Establish, monitor, and revise policies, procedures and service
standards for customs clearance operations as dictated and allowed
by applicable regulations.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently
- Identify areas of concern in the clients' import and export
processes through monitoring of team performance against company
and client standards, regular audit of shipment documents and
accounting, and periodic client reviews.
- Communicate with operations manager regarding progress and
problems or issues.
- Conduct meetings with staff to assess group's overall status;
discuss ideas for improvement and inform staff of new
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports with
assistance and input from the operations manager.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly
in accordance with personnel policies.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including outside normal
business hours and after hours on call rotation.
- Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as business
demands deem necessary.
- The wage range for this position is $59,643.89 - $84,203.14 and
may vary based on geography as well as relative knowledge, skills,
abilities, and experience.What We Look for in Teammates:
- A team player who works well with others - being respectful to
our teammates is a Core Value
- A strong work ethic with an appreciation for ownership,
independence, accountability, and autonomy in your role
- Growth mindset - being passionate about your craft, always
looking for ways to improve yourself and the company, being open to
change and doing things differently
- Customer service focus - we serve a wide variety of customers,
both internal and external, and building relationships is a part of
our cultureOther Skills We Hope to See:
- Minimum of 3-5 years freight forwarding experience
- Ability to allocate work assignments and/or tasks
responsibilities to others to maximize the organizations and the
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's
actions; developing and sustaining productive relationships.
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts,
constraints, and probable consequences.
- Analyzes complex problems and develops alternative
- Ability to model the organization's vision and values and guide
- Ability to plan work for self and others to ensure that work is
- Effectively participates in and/or supervises department
projects related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to
accomplish work goals; develop individual relationships by
listening, sharing ideas, and respecting input of others.
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to
help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team
goals. What AIT Can Offer You:In addition to your base
compensation, you may be eligible for a bonus based on achievement
of business and/or individual performance metrics (dependent on
position). Benefits offered include Medical, Prescription, Health
Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental, Vision, Life,
AD&D, Disability, Supplemental Health, Employee Support, Paid
Parental Leave, Pet Insurance, 401(k) and Tuition Reimbursement. In
addition, teammates may be eligible for up to 10 to 20 days of
vacation (depending on tenure), 2 personal days, 5 sick days, 5
volunteer hours, and 6 company holidays (plus Veterans Day for
Veterans) annually. About AIT Worldwide Logistics:AIT Worldwide
Logistics is a global freight forwarder that helps its customers
grow by expanding access to markets all over the world where they
can sell and/or procure raw materials, components, and finished
goods. For more than 40 years, the Chicago-based supply chain
solutions leader has relied on a consultative approach to build a
global network and trusted partnerships in nearly every industry,
including aerospace, automotive, consumer retail, food, government,
healthcare, high-tech, industrial and life sciences. Backed by
scalable, user-friendly technology, AIT's flexible business model
customizes door-to-door deliveries via sea, air, ground, and
rail-on time and on budget. With expert teammates staffing more
than 85 worldwide locations in Asia, Europe and North America,
AIT's full-service options also include customs clearance,
warehouse management and white glove services.AIT Worldwide
Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact
Human Resources at 630-766-8300 ext 5218 or email your resume to
Keywords: AIT Worldwide Logistics, INC., Lodi , Operations Supervisor, Professions , Lodi, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!